Keep Calm and Carry On
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down

19.11.2014 Empty 19.11.2014

Post by Active Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:58 am

@http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/11/19/19-11-2014/#more-19345 [ref:Silentstalker ]

- aimtime in the game represents “the comfort, with which the gun was aimed”, this parameter “quite adequately” represents reality
- Q: “Gun stabilization parameter confuses people!” (SS: gun stabilization in this case is a general term for a set of parameters, that determine how much the aim circle will get bigger when the tank moves its hull, turret etc.). A (SerB): “Your opinion is, as usual, very important to us.”
- theoretically the D-10-85 gun could fit the KV-13 turret, but since it was not proposed for it in real life, it was not implemented as an option for it. If WG added it, the vehicle would be “significantly better than other tanks of its tier”
- Q: “SerB, do you deny that various tanks have various chance of hitting the center of the circle?” A: “Yes, we deny. Because it’s a CONSPIRACY!!! And what kind of CONSPIRACY!!! would it be, if it wasn’t denied.”
- Q: “When will your nerf gold ammo for credits, whenever I drive E-75, I immediately get shot at by gold” A (Storm): “Statistically, the amount of gold shells hitting the E-75 is less than 20 percent of all shells”
- Q: “When will you fix disconnections?” A: “Never. Unfortunately, we can’t cure your connection.”
- there was a rumor going around that E25 DPM will be nerfed from 2700 to 2350 DPM. It is not true.

- Storm confirms that active antivirus software can have very negative effect on WoT (specifically Kaspersky, but on several threads, disabling AVAST, ESET and Norton AV was said to have very positive impact on the game performance and removes lags)
- Evilly states that RU players will learn of their mission details around 15th of December, but they will not have a T-34-85M mission like EU server does.
- the RU server mission tank will not be T-44-85, BUT it’s possible the T-44-85 will be revived
- it’s “too early to tell” about the Object 260 mission, it’s still being developed
- Evilly confirms the existence of the Premium tank crew XP bug, will be fixed – at least the part with the disappearing XP (when you enable accelerated training). As for the rest – apparently, in 9.4, the XP calculation was stealth-changed (WG forgot to add the announcement to the patchnotes) and it works correctly the way it is. Evilly: “The inaccuracy lies in the fact that in 9.4, tanks have 50 percent bonus to crew XP, but this does not include the bonus XP, that is awarded to the premium tank based on its tier. This was the reason for complications. We did put it into the patch, but not in the patchnotes.”
- in one of the upcoming patches (likely 9.6) premium tanks will get further (economic) buffs
- Evilly later adds to this topic that he would like to see the crew XP situation returned to the way it was in 9.3 (with additional bonus, even though it was not intended). It will be discussed amongst the developers.
Active
Active
Admin

https://calm.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

19.11.2014 Empty Re: 19.11.2014

Post by Active Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:59 am

@http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/11/18/18-11-2014/ [ref:Silentstalker]

- Q: “WTF devs I live in Volgograd (Stalingrad) why did you not put the house I live in on the map and deleted it to make room for one of the bases?” A (SerB): *sobbing*
- Q: “Developers, currently I am grinding with T-34-3 and I am doing a lot of damage with someone else spotting. If you are going to nerf viewrange, will you give premium tanks some profit compensation for the loss of damage done when someone else was spotting?” A (SerB): “Let’s say we reduce the viewrange. If we reduce the viewrange, damage with someone else spotting will make a larger share from the total damage done. Are you proposing to reduce the rates in order to keep the situation as it is now? Okay, we’ll think about it!”
- Q: “Why are you making unfair missions/events?” A (SerB): “So greedy kids like you suffer”
- Storm states, that if you have a sharp FPS drop when you “light up” (scout) several enemies at once, it might mean your HDD is slow and takes a long time to load the models. Defragmentation sometimes helps somewhat.
- Individual Missions (the ones in 0.9.5 with Object 260, T55A and T28 Concept) will not be time-limited (SS: as in, there will not be a specific time limit in which you have to achieve the objective), but Storm at the same time is warning that you shouldn’t be too happy about that just yet, because the conditions will be difficult.
Active
Active
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Active Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:00 am

@http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/11/17/17-11-2014/ [ref:Silentstalkers]

- Storm states that the new ramming mechanism was introduced in 9.4, because “the old one was very badly bugged”
- Storm confirms that the mission to get the Object 260 will be multi-stage and it will be very difficult to get it
- a lot of players (even on EU server) reported a garage bug, where the camera suddenly zooms out very far, Storm states he knows about it, it will be fixed
- Soviet tier 8 premium medium T-54 Model 1945 will come next year
- Havok: “when it’s done it’s done”
- it will be possible to get all three IM reward tanks (Object 260, T55A and T28 Concept) on your account
- Char B1 in the game doesn’t use the hull howitzer, because it was aimed only by moving the entire vehicle (it has 0 traverse)
- Q: “French tanks of tier 1-4 suck” A (SerB): “Don’t play French tier 1-4 tanks”
- apparently, EU servers were DDOSed recently, Storm is investigating the situation
- Q: “I have a SSD. Loading battles is fine, but whenever I quit the battle, it takes very long time for the results to load (I am stuck on “spinning wheel”), why is that? A friend of mine has a regular HDD and he has no such issues.” A (Storm): “It’s a problem with connection. After the fight is over, a large volume of data with battle statistics is transferred. And it’s this data pack that the game is waiting for, until it arrives. If you have packet loss, it’s possible to wait for it for a long time, until all the info is confirmed to have arrived.”
- Storm on various Russian “experts” whining about upcoming new tank motion physics: “A country of natural born experts. Sometimes they produce Boeing photos out of nowhere, sometimes they telepathically evaluate the physics at long distance. Why aren’t we colonizing Mars with such people?”
- apparently, to replace the effect of terrain resistance (and to justify some tanks moving slower with the same horsepower), a new parameter will be introduced in the new motion physics: “loss of horsepower in transmission and drivetrain”.
- no ETA on new motion physics test for now

SerB on player proposals: “Everything you can propose to us was already considered a long time ago and either it was scrapped (99,9 percent) or is in the queue, waiting to be implemented (0,1 percent). And so with the game growing grows mainly the amount of old stuff and crap, sorry. ‘The population grows, but the sum of all intellect remains unchanged’”
Active
Active
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum